Maurice Steger has been on concert tours continuously since the summer of this year and was able to experience beautiful experiences, wonderful contacts with musicians and audiences, great successes and moments of happiness. This calendar year is followed by an international trip to Canada, a wonderful recital in Switzerland, before the artist takes a winter break to then continue his tours in with a project in Turkey.
- It is great to see that Maurice Steger has realized more and more children and youth projects in the last weeks, some performances of the musical Tino Flautino and Kater Leo were performed.
- An important project with young people took place in October on a trip to Mexico. Maurice Steger taught recorder and early music leasons at the universities and rehearsed vocal and instrumental works at the UNAM Academy of Ancient Music (https://www.youtube.com/
- Two major tours with the ensembles le phénix and CHAARTS took the musicians to various stages in German-speaking countries, as well as mountainous regions and famous concert halls.
- At the Stavanger Symphony Orchestra, Maurice Steger played his Norway debut in a much-acclaimed symphony concert …
- participated in the French recorder festival Recordara, had musical delights at the largest music festival in Mexico, Cervantino, where he performed with the Baroque orchestra Antiqva Metropoli.
- At the Hessischer Rundfunk Maurice Steger again conducted the hr Symphony Orchestra and played for the audience in the hall and at home. It was a great pleasure to be able to experience this dream team again.
- Enthralling sounds were performed in filled concert halls with the Zurich Chamber Orchestra – a highlight of this autumn.
- When musicality, joy of playing, emotionality, perfection, cohesion and perfect team work meet, music of extraordinary quality comes in to existence. This is what happened at the concerts with Maurice Steger and La Cetra Barockorchester Basel. It was great pleasure to work with these fantastic musicians – thank you La Cetra!
And if you’ve missed the concerts: the joint CD ‘Mr Handel’s Dinner’ (link to Amazon), published in 2019, is wonderful and very well fitting for the month of December.